All the towns and cities in our county share a connection with the Androscoggin River and its tributaries and so too does the Androscoggin Historical Society connect all of us in the county by preserving and disseminating knowledge about our collective histories.
Our Campaign for Growth is an ambitious initiative to purchase, renovate and re-open in our new home at 93 Lisbon Street in Lewiston, moving from the relative obscurity of the third floor of the County Building in Auburn. Our goal is to raise funds which will directly support this transition, as well as the next three years of operation. Our vision is to:
• Enhance connections with the community.
• Improve and grow our educational outreach to both adults and youth, onsite and offsite.
• Increase our visibility in the community.
• Develop a robust volunteer program.
• Create curated and rotating exhibitions for public display.
• Expand hours of operation.
Please join us by making a gift today!
Your donation will help the Society bring special presentations and maintain its priceless collection of photos, books, maps, and many artifacts that are made accessible to schools and the public.